Sorelle Gallery is seeking a Fine Art Gallery Sales Associate to join their team of fine art professionals. Working as an integral member of a small team, the Sales Associate is responsible for working with clients in the gallery, advising them on artwork selections, and providing necessary assistance for exhibitions, marketing, and more.
Core Duties include:
- Greet and work with clients and gallery visitors, answering questions or advising on artwork and other gallery services.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout sales process working with clients
- Assist with installation of exhibitions and staff opening receptions
- Updated databases and assist with photography and content creation, as necessary.
- Assist with special projects and general administrative tasks as needed (i.e. processing new artwork, general gallery maintenance, patching and painting walls, etc.).
- Experience working in a retail environment/in a sales capacity
- Experience on Macintosh with Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite
- Art and/or art history experience a plus
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently.
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a changing environment and as part of a team.
- Option for additional bonus and commission pay
- Part-time / 10:00am - 6:00pm Thursday through Saturday
- Option to grow position to full-time
Please submit a resume and cover letter, as well as two professional references to email@example.com.
About Sorelle Gallery:
Sorelle Gallery is a woman-owned fine art gallery and art advisory firm located in Westport, Connecticut. Representing nearly fifty artists, Sorelle carries a wide variety of art styles from modern abstract to impressionistic landscapes, and more. Sorelle's mission is to not only support the emerging and established artists they represent, but to help clients curate their own spaces, invest confidently, and buy what they love.