Sorelle Gallery is seeking a Media Specialist to join their team of fine art professionals. Working as an integral member of a small team, the Media Specialist is responsible for all of the gallery’s photography and videography needs, select administrative tasks, and assisting with general day-to-day operations, including working with the Gallery Manager to greet and assist clients and visitors.
Core Duties include:
- Photograph and video artwork for various purposes, including but not limited to, online listings, large-scale print files, social media, advertising, and more. Camera and other equipment provided.
- Greet and work with clients and gallery visitors, answering questions or advising on artwork and other gallery services.
- With other members of in-store staff, answer phones and monitor client relations via email and provide messages and information to other staff members as necessary.
- Assist with general gallery administrative tasks as needed (i.e. processing new artwork, general gallery maintenance, patching and painting, etc.).
- Provide quality assurance for all marketing materials.
- 3+ years of professional photography experience.
- Experience working in a retail environment/in a sales capacity a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently.
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a changing environment and as part of a team.
- $16-$20/hour commensurate with experience
- Option for additional bonus and commission pay
- Paid time off
- Part-time to be determined within Gallery hours, 10:00am - 6:00pm Tuesday to Saturday and 12:00 - 4:00pm Sunday.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, as well as two professional references to email@example.com.
About Sorelle Gallery:
Sorelle Gallery is a woman-owned fine art gallery and art advisory firm located in Westport, Connecticut. Representing nearly fifty artists, Sorelle carries a wide variety of art styles from modern abstract to impressionistic landscapes, and more. Sorelle's mission is to not only support the emerging and established artists they represent, but to help clients curate their own spaces, invest confidently, and buy what they love.
Post a comment