Sorelle Gallery is seeking an Art Consultant to join their team of fine art professionals. The Art Consultant would be responsible for managing and expanding sales at Sorelle's downtown Westport, CT fine art gallery. The Art Consultant will be a first point-of-contact for gallery visitors and collectors, and guide them through the advisory process in a professional manner, demonstrating excellent customer service and communication throughout.
Core Duties include:
- Create strategies to expand sales and aid in the growth of Sorelle.
- Work with clients and design trade professionals personally through the entire sales process, advising on artwork selections, providing needed information, custom staged images, price quotes, invoices, and more as needed.
- With other members of in-store staff, answer phones and monitor client relations via email, and provide messages and information to other staff members as necessary.
- Gallery administrative tasks as needed (i.e. processing new artwork, general gallery maintenance, artwork shipping, digital content creation etc.).
- Act as an available in-store contact for local organizations and clients as Sorelle participates in community and art events.
- High school degree required.
- 3+ years of sales experience, experience in sales of fine art or luxury goods a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Maintain organization throughout the sales process and other applicable gallery operations.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently.
- Weekend availability.
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a changing environment and as part of a team.
- Competitive salary
- Option for additional bonus and commission pay
- Paid time off
- 10:00am - 6:00pm Tuesday to Saturday
- One Sunday shift 12:00pm-4:00pm per month, in rotation with other staff members
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of two professional references to email@example.com.
About Sorelle Gallery:
Sorelle Gallery is a woman-owned fine art gallery and art advisory firm located in Westport, Connecticut. Representing nearly fifty artists, Sorelle carries a wide variety of art styles from modern abstract to impressionistic landscapes, and more. Sorelle's mission is to not only support the emerging and established artists they represent, but to help clients curate their own spaces, invest confidently, and buy what they love.