A reproduction or print is created from a professional, high-quality digital capture of an original artwork. Only the highest quality process and materials are used to create your custom art reproduction. This page details the different types and options offered so you can select what will work best for your needs. Please note that the prints referred to on this page are prints of original fine art paintings and drawings. To learn more about photography, please visit our Photography Explained page.
Limited Edition: Limited Edition prints are high-quality reproductions of original fine artwork that are made in limited quantities. The total number of prints made of the original work is noted in the description (for example, "Edition of 100"). This means that there will only that number of prints in circulation. Limited Edition prints are generally offered on museum-grade canvas unless noted otherwise. Please read the artwork description carefully to better understand the details of each Limited Edition print.
Open Edition: Open Edition prints are also reproductions of an original fine artwork, but there are no limits to the number of prints that may be created. All of our open edition prints, which we refer to as Fine Art Prints, are fully customizable. Custom options are listed in more detail below.
Paper Print Options
Paper prints are printed to order on premium fine art paper using archival inks. Paper prints can be unframed or framed with the option to mat.
All framed paper prints are wired to hang with Kraft paper backing and acrylic glazing with UV protection, as well as acid-free mats when applicable. The addition of a mat creates a visual break around the artwork and protects your print from dust and wear and tear.
Please be aware that all framed dimensions (with or without a mat) are approximate within, and may vary up to 1" depending on the frame you select.
The below options are available frames for paper frames.
- Irvine White: This minimalistic white frame has a smooth, contemporary look. It's an artist favorite and adds a clean finish to artwork. It measures 3/4" wide and 1 1/8" deep.
- Mercer Black: This black gallery frame has a clean, modern look. With a face is 3/4" wide and 1 1/8" deep, it is thin enough not to overpower artwork.
- Marin Natural Wood: The Marin frame is a mid-toned natural wood frame, sometimes referred to as "blonde." The wood grain is lightly visible, without losing its clean look. It is 3/4" wide and slightly deeper than its black and white counterparts, at 1 1/2".
- Beverly Silver: The Beverly is a silver frame with dark (near black), distressed sides. It retains a contemporary quality while the metallic silver elevates it. It measures 3/4" wide and 1 1/2" deep.
- Buckhead Silver: Like the Beverly, this frame is metallic silver but with a more traditional and ornate detail like antiqued beading along the inner-most interior. It is a lighter frame, measuring 1" wide × 7/8" deep.
- Olympia Gold: The Olympia is a warm gold counterpart to the Beverly. It is deep (also 3/4" wide × 1 1/2" deep) and modern looking, with dark, distressed sides.
- Georgetown Gold: This frame is an overall warm gold but achieves a more ornate look with antiqued fluted details and layers of gold tones. It is 1" wide × 7/8" deep.
- Montauk White: This wide frame is a distressed white, so that a mid-toned wood shows through. It is generally slightly more casual, and pairs especially well with a boho and beach aesthetic. It is 1 1/2" wide × 3/4" deep.
- Monterey White: The Monterey frame is a whitewashed wood gallery frame. It differs from the other frames in that, although it is wood (like the Montauk), it is fully coated in white and only the texture of the woodgrain shows through. We love this frame because the super light texture softens the overall look of the frame. It measures 3/4" wide × 1 3/8" deep.
- Unframed: When selecting your framing specifications, you have the option to have your frame printed and shipped unframed. Unframed prints come with a 1" white border.
Framed Canvas OptionsA canvas print is also printed with archival inks, but this option is printed on high quality, museum-grade canvas. This material is a bit more durable than a paper print. Unless otherwise noted, you have the option to purchase a canvas print rolled, gallery wrapped (mounted over 1.5" deep wooden stretcher bars), or gallery wrapped with a floater frame.
The following options are available for canvas prints.
- White: The white floater frame has a clean white face and sides, and is painted white inside. When framed, a slightly "shadowed" look is cast between the floating canvas and frame itself due to the white interior.
- Black: The black floater is a classic option with a clean, contemporary aesthetic that adds a lovely dark border around your print. It has a smooth finish and modern look.
- Silver: A collector favorite, this frame has a warm-toned metallic silver face, with a black painted interior. This creates a thin, darker border between the metallic face and floating canvas itself.
- Gold: The gold floater frame has a warm gold face with a black painted interior, similar to the silver float option. A thin, dark border will be present between the metallic face and the canvas itself.
- Dark Walnut: The dark walnut frame is a warm, near-black color, but has a distinct woodgrain texture which gives it a softer, more natural feel.
- Oak: The oak option is a classic, mid-toned, warm wood frame with a black painted interior.
- White Oak: The lightest of the wood options, the white oak frame has a visible woodgrain and a cool, ashy blonde color. It has a contrasting black painted interior, like the metallic and oak frames.
- Gallery Wrapped: The canvas print is stretched over wood stretcher bars so that it is is ready to hang, but does not include a frame. The sides are printed to be as reminiscent of the original artwork as possible.
- Rolled: Rolled canvas prints are ship rolled in a tube, and include an additional 1.5" white border so that they can be stretched without losing any of the print image. This is a great option if you would like a specific frame that is not offered, and it is highly economical. If you would like more than 1.5" of additional white border added to your rolled print, please include that in the order notes at checkout.
To learn more about a specific frame or if you have any questions regarding how to complete a print purchase, please contact us.
Shipping and Returns
Sizes: We offer a number of size options which differ for each print. These have been pre-selected based on the dimensions of the original artwork. If you are interested in a custom size that you do not see listed for an individual artwork, please contact us for custom size options.
Metallic Printing: It is important to note that some original works use metallic silver and gold paints. Special attention is used when photographing these works to translate these effects to traditional inks. Print reproductions are not produced with metallic inks but will print as they appear in photographs.
For any questions regarding our standard printing, matting, and framing options, as well as custom orders, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.