A reproduction or print is created from a professional, high-quality digital capture of an original artwork. Only the highest quality process and materials are used to create your custom art reproduction. This page details the different types and options offered so you can select what will work best for your needs.
Limited Edition: Limited Edition prints are high-quality reproductions of original fine artwork that are made in limited quantities. The total number of prints made of the original work is noted in the description (for example, "Edition of 100"). This means that there will only that number of prints in circulation. Limited Edition prints are generally offered on museum-grade canvas. Options to have the print stretched or framed will depend on the artist and print. That information is provided in the artwork description.
Open Edition: Open Edition prints are also reproductions of an original fine artwork, but there are no limits to the number of prints that may be created. All of our open edition prints, which we refer to as Fine Art Prints, are fully customizable. You may choose to have these printed on paper or canvas, with additional options based on your material. These are listed with more detailed information below.
Different customization options are available based on the print type. All available custom options are included in the description. Some limited edition prints are only offered rolled while others may be stretched or framed. Open edition fine art prints have the option to print on paper as well as canvas. The different customization options that you may see available for different prints are outlined below.
Print Size: We offer a number of size options which differ for each print. These have been pre-selected based on the dimensions of the original artwork. If you are interested in a custom size that you do not see listed for an individual artwork, please contact us for custom size options.
Material and Framing:
- A fine art print on paper is printed to order on Epson Somerset Velvet paper using archival inks. Paper prints can be unframed, framed and unmatted, or framed and matted.
- A canvas print is also printed with archival inks, but this option is printed on high quality, museum-grade canvas. This material is a bit more durable than a paper print. Unless otherwise noted, you have the option to purchase a canvas print rolled, gallery wrapped (mounted over 1.5" deep wooden stretcher bars), or gallery wrapped with a floater frame.
- Frame Options
- Paper prints can be framed in black, white, or a natural wood frame. All framed paper prints are wired to hang, and come with Standard Acrylic and a 4-ply mat sized appropriately for the selected print. The addition of a mat creates a visual break around the artwork and protects your print from dust and wear and tear. For more information on mats please see below.
- Canvas prints that are gallery wrapped can have a floater frame added in white, black, walnut (dark wood), silver, and gold. A floater frame is a style of frame where the art is mounted from behind making it appear as if the stretched canvas is "floating" within the frame. All gallery wrapped canvas prints with or without a frame arrive ready to hang with the appropriate hardware.
- Unframed Options
- Paper prints are offered with an unframed option if you already have a frame that you would like to use or plan to frame your work later. Please note that unframed paper prints are printed with a white border.
- Canvas prints may be shipped rolled and arrive with a white border so that they can be stretched without losing any of the image. Please note that some limited edition prints are only available on rolled canvas, and this will be noted in the description.
- The unframed/rolled option(s) is/are excellent if you are looking for economically priced shipping.
Shipping and Returns
It is important to note that some original works use metallic silver and gold paints. Special attention is used when photographing these works to translate these effects to traditional inks. Print reproductions are not produced with metallic inks but will print as they appear in photographs.
For any questions regarding our standard printing, matting, and framing options, as well as custom orders, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.